Re: upgrade from 7 to testing no longer possible

To Ja wrote:
Hi All,
Just tried to upgrade my simple LAMP box from Wheezy to Jessie, but this error prevents whole process

root@xxx:~# apt-get --download-only dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Failed
 udev : Breaks: plymouth (< 0.9.0-7) but 0.8.5.1-5 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

I did exactly the same procedure few days ago and all went well. It looks that udev version: 215-5+b1 introduced above problem.

Can you please suggest any solution for that problem ?
Maybe that should be reported as a bug ?

Thanks.

I install and use the package 'upgrade-system', going from Wheezy to Jessie was an easy upgrade for me using the command 'upgrade-system'.

Good luck.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - KDE 4.14.1 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263