Re: [exim4] Fresh config of lan smtp server question

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 11:37:21 -0400
Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

> Setup:
> Running 64bit Jessie
> Exim4-daemon-heavy pkg installed
>
> I'm working my way thru the `dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config' question
> answer session.
>
> It must be about the 2nd screen where it asks you the address of any
> hosts you expect to accept mail from.
>
> dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config:
>
>  │ Please enter a semicolon-separated list of IP addresses. The Exim
> SMTP | │ listener daemon will listen on all IP addresses listed
> here.           |
>
>  │ An empty value will cause Exim to listen for connections on
> all        │ │ available network
> interfaces.                                          │
>
>   [...]
>
> Since my lan IPs sometimes change I'd rather give a network name.
> Just making sure that will work as well as individual IPs.
>
> The wording of the question makes it sound as if only exact HOST IP
> addresses are acceptable.
>
> I would like to give two networks as answer:
> 10.0.0.0/24
> 192.168.2.0/24
>
> And, of course, I would like to filter out any others so don't want
> it blank.
>
> Can anyone tell me if that network notation will work, or will it gum
> up the works?

Yes, it works. Afterwards, look in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf to
see the answers you have given. This value corresponds to:

dc_relay_nets='10.0.0.0/24:192.168.2.0/24'

If that's what you have, you entered it correctly. You can edit this
file directly and run:

update-exim4.conf

--
Joe