Re: Fwd: Re: cron in UTC?

On 29/09/14 17:13, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Monday 29 September 2014 17:01:31 Tony van der Hoff wrote:
well, it's my understanding that the system (hardware)  time is always
UTC, but there is no way to set localtime to GMT (or UTC). Perhaps I'm
misunderstanding you.

Erm....  What do you think we who live near Greenwich do???

Set our software time zone to Western European Time, which is only the same as GMT in winter.

(My desktop PC's hardware clock is also in WET, since I have a Linux/Windows dual boot system and Windows can't be relied on to play nice if the hardware clock doesn't reflect local civil time.)