Re: Fwd: Re: cron in UTC?

On 29/09/14 17:29, John Hasler wrote:
> Tony van der Hoff writes:
>> Believe me; I've beaten that man to death, but not found the answer.
>> Perhaps you'd like to give a more detailed pointer into that manual?
>
> See the part about setting environment variables.  You should be able to
> set TZ=UTC .

No, that sets the timezone passed to the task invoked bt cron; not the
timezone cron uses to schedule tasks.

>From man crontab:

LIMITATIONS:
The  cron  daemon runs with a defined timezone. It currently does not
support per-user timezones. All the tasks: system's and user's will be
run based on the configured timezone. Even if a user specifies the TZ
environment variable in his crontab this will affect only the commands
executed in the crontab, not the execution of the crontab tasks themselves.

Thanks, anyway, for the suggestion.

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |