Re: PuTTY tips for Debian users

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:39:39 -0400 (EDT), Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Good tips all around.  Only thing is that I stopped using screen in
> favor of tmux a few years ago.  The biggest aggravation is the loss of
> translation of keys, such as Ctl-left, Ctl-right, etc. (connecting from
> another Debian system is fine).  Perhaps that is a PuTTY issue or I
> don't have tmux configured correctly.

Are you saying that "translation of keys" (Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right, etc.)
works with GNU screen, but doesn't work with tmux?  Or are you saying
that it doesn't work with either multi-session software, but works with
native PuTTY?  Or are you saying that it doesn't work with PuTTY under
Windows as the client, but works with ssh as a client from another Linux
system on a Linux virtual terminal (vt1, vt2, etc.)?  Please be more
specific.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :