Re: Challenge to you: Voice your concerns regarding systemd upstream

Am Freitag, 26. September 2014, 01:58:44 schrieb lee:

> >> I'm sure it would be ignored or rejected --- even if I had the knowledge
> >> to make anything like that and was able to keep up with what other ppl
> >> are doing.
> >
> > I do think that you don´t want change.
>
> I don't mind changing to a different default init system or letting
> users decide which one they want to use.  The more the default init
> system is a bad choice, the more the users need to be able to choose
> another one.  With systemd, they won't have a choice.
>
> > You expect distro developers to fix it for you. You are not willing to
> > take  things upstream.
>
> I expect the distribution developers not to break things for me and to
> make better decisions than supporting systemd like they do.
>
> Again, I consider it to be totally futile to try to convince the makers
> of systemd to fix the issues it brings about.  They cannot be unaware of
> them, so obviously they don't want to fix them.  I've seen for myself
> that they don't want to fix even little bugs which would be easy to fix
> from the bug report I made about their misunderstanding of what
> "disabled" means.
>
> If they are unaware of the issues, then how could Debian ever decide to
> support systemd?
>
> > That doesn´t create change.
>
> Change for the sake of change isn't necessarily a good thing.  Systemd
> is not a change for the better unless it's one more choice becoming
> available, and I'm not creating it.

You misunderstood me.

I do not think that you want any change from the *current* situation where
systemd is default in Debian. You say, you want, but I do not believe you. I
didn´t just restate that you don´t want systemd in Debian, I *got* that, you
made it *pretty* obvious.

Why do I think that you do not want change from the *current* situation? Cause
what you do, in my oppinion does not facilitate change. Cause what you do, in
my oppinion strengthens the status quo. You give energy to the status quo by
remaining in complaining about it.

Or otherwise said: I know people who are complaining a lot, yet complaining
never ever created a change. I know it from myself: Whenever I complained
about something it didn´t create the slightest bit of change. I always created
change as I stopped complaining and did something more productive. I never
ever saw complaining creating change. Never ever. It can´t. It is the mere
essence of complaining that it always strengtens what you complain about. What
you resists, persists.

Is this what you want?

With complaining you only drag yourself down, and others who choose to let
themselves be dragged down by it.

So I repeat my challenge to you and others who do not want to have systemd in
Debian: Stop complaining and act towards your dreams, towards what you want to
see in Debian.

And now I challenge myself to do something more productive than letting myself
being dragged down by this negativity.

Ciao,