Re: pc version of yahoo.com

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014, Reco wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:41:18AM -0400, Scott Lair wrote:
> > Anyone having trouble getting to yahoo.com pc version in wheezy?  I
> > keep getting the mobile version. I have tried updating iceweasel to
> > the backported version, cleared the cache, but still get the mobile
> > version.  Even when I click on the pc version on yahoo's site it
> > brings up the mobile version.  Chromium works ok, but not iceweasel.
> >

> Using iceweasel version 24.8.0esr-1~deb7u1 all appears to be working
> correctly, i.e. http://yahoo.com opens up as usual,
> http://mobile.yahoo.com has that distinct 'optimized for fingers'
> look.
>
> Try installing [1], it would be interesting to see why you're
> redirected on mobile version.
>
> [1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/live-http-headers/

Yahoo seems to be the problem.  Maybe, it's "autodetecting" and thinks
it's running on a mobile device.  I fired up Jessie in Virtualbox. I
hadn't run it in several weeks. And the last time I did yahoo
displayed correctly.  Loaded www.yahoo.com in iceweasel and it gave me
the mobile page. So, it's not a setting in iceweasel or a cookie, etc.
from previously.