Re: Creating a forum for systemd debate

* On 2014 21 Sep 15:10 -0500, lee wrote:
> Mike McGinn <mikemcginn@mcginnweb.net> writes:
>
> > As in any sane system of governance for this type of organization, the
> > ones doing the work get to make the decisions.
>
> Then please modify Debians' social contract where it says that the users
> are the priority.

I fear that down that path lies madness.  Which group of users takes
precedence?  Is it those who configure and maintain servers, those who
want to use Debian as a desktop, those interested in using Debian as the
basis for embedded systems, some other group?  In these discussions I
see these are competing interests which leads me to think that the
divisions are such that these interests may become mutually exclusive to
the point that Debian sub projects catering to each group will emerge.
Already some exist and they may gain a larger user base.

- Nate