Re: OT: Pepper Flash Crashes Everywhere

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014, Sven Hartge wrote:

> Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> You will have to ask Google this question.
> >>
> >> https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=410805
>
> > For all the good it will do.  Google isn't going to change it.  If
> > they were, they would have done so already. Solution?  Downgrade or
> > install GLIBC from Testing to run side-by-side with Wheezy's 2.13.
>
> Installing glibc from testing will not work the way you think it will.
> It will however have great potential to wreck your Wheezy
> installation.

Some reading I've done says it's possible and won't wreck the system.
Although, I intend to test in a VM first.

Here's a couple links on how it's done.  Although, the APT HOWTO is
obsolete.

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/85505/need-to-install-glibc-2-14-on-wheezy
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-default-version

More research needed.

> As said in Comment 36 to issue 410805, Adobe is working an solving the
> problem. We have to just wait.

Adobe?  I thought they'd abandoned Linux.