Re: /etc/network/interface file auto reset.

 Hi.

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:30:50 +0200
mikael Flood <thernx@gmail.com> wrote:

> it might be due to some configuration management agent running on the
> system which dictates a sane state of /etc/network/interfaces.
>
> might be puppet or cfengine.

I don't have much experience with puppet, cfengine, chef or ansible,
but the way I understand it - all of them require correctly configured
network to function. So if one of those tools is used at OP's host -
it's used wrong way, definitely.

And, it's very suspicious that such tool works only on reboot. Still,
if it's a misbehaving management agent - audit should show it (unless,
of course, said management agent will turn off audit).

Reco