Re: View on UNIX purism in Linux Community

Sorry, John.  But we should be going OT....

On Thursday 18 September 2014 00:45:24 John Hasler wrote:
> Lisi writes:
> > There are four countries in the United Kingdom: Ireland, Scotland,
> > Wales and England.
>
> In roughly the same sense in which there are fifty countries in the USA.

No. They are separate countries, with an earlier lengthy political history.
Scotland and England were separate kingdoms until the Act of Union in 1707.
It is a complete misunderstanding (misinformation?) that they are merely
States - and even the States each has its own Senate etc.  England has no
Parliament, and has not had since 1707.

Lisi