Re: Let's have a vote!

On 14Sep17:0355+1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:20:04AM -0400, David L. Craig wrote:
> >
> > The obvious question this leads to is, "Would some registration
> > facility to enable non-developing users to support/inform
> > decision-making by the DDs add meaningful value to Debian?"
> > I'm thinking popularity-contest on steriods, a means for DDs
> > to ask the users what they think, and maybe why, in a one-person,
> > one-confirmed vote approach.
>
> That would be a complete waste of time. Either front up and do it
> yourself or submit a wishlist bug for a feature.

This is about DDs pulling from the user base, not the user
base pushing to the DDs.  If the DDs couldn't care less
about being able to get qualified input from the user base
at large, well, at the very least, that datum is useful
information to DDs that were unaware of that dynamic, as
well as to the user base itself.
--
<not cent from sell>
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg_________________