Re: Query about .xsession-errors file

On 15/09/2014, Chen Wei <weichen302@icloud.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 03:29:04PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
>> .xsession-errors, which is currently sitting at about 740MB, and has
>> been growing in the last hour.
>>
>> entries from before the current boot session) entries, so as to reduce
>> the file size to content that is necessary to retain for debugging?
>>

> If debugging is not required, redirect xsession error to /dev/null is
> another option.
>
> in /etc/X11/Xsession, find the line:
>
> exec >>"$ERRFILE" 2>&1
>
> change it to:
>
> exec >>/dev/null 2>&1
>
> --
> Chen Wei

Hello.

At this time, after doing what I had done, that I had previously
stated, the file is still at zero bytes, so I think that it is
probably better, to leave the error handling as it is, and, monitor it
daily, to detect any change, and then, act on any changes to the file.

However, thank you for the suggestion, which I shall retain for future
consideration.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale