Re: terminal doesn't come up in Jessie Beta-1?

On Tuesday 09 September 2014 19:46:56 Bzzzz wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Sep 2014 19:40:29 +0100
>
> Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "chacun à son goût"
>
> Unfortunately for you, I'm french native; so the real expression is:
> "à chacun ses goûts"; which is commonly shorten in: "chacun ses goûts"
> in a sentence.

No, unfortunately for you you have failed to notice that we are writing in
English not French.  The expression in English is, as Tony said it, "chacun à
son goût".  He just left off the accents. (And mistyped "o" for "u".)

That the expression as used in English is not the same as the original
expression as used in French does not surprise me at all.  If it surprises
you, then you have not studied language (as opposed to languages, which you
clearly have studied).

> There's also a variant: "chacun ses goûts, la merde a le sien" *<;-P)

Now that (merde) sounds so much better in French than it would if translated
into English. ;-)

Lisi