Re: Forewarned is forearmed

On Tue 09 Sep 2014 at 10:28:09 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> Hey guys, point of information, I wasn't bitching about lo not
> starting, I was just trying to give a symptom/solution report so the
> next guy who has this happen doesn't spend a half hour troubleshooting
> it like I did the first time it happened to me.

You describe a symptom which in all probability is unique to your setup
and quite likely due to some misconfiguration. The "solution" reveals
nothing about the cause of your problem. The "next guy" is as just in
the dark as you are.

> If the worst problem I ever have with computers is lo not starting and
> needing to ifdown;ifup after reboot, I'll be ecstatic.

Most people would (or should be) be very bothered if the machine can not
talk to itself.