apt-get update during boot

Hi,

somehow my system is running an apt-get update or something similar during boot. Whenever I login after boot I can do a "apt-get dist-upgrade" directly because the package list is already up to date. If I am too fast with the "apt-get dist-upgrade" it even complains that the database is locked by another process. waiting a few more seconds solves that. And this is true regardless which desktop I use: kde, xfce or cinnamon.

I could not find any hint ffpr apt in /etc/init.d or /etc/xdg/autostart. So where is that apt-get update happening? is it webmin?

Greetings
Matthias

PS
I am using debian testing