Re: ifupdown

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
On Thu 04 Sep 2014 at 14:06:28 -0400, Podrigal, Aron wrote:

> I had experienced some difficulties using ifupdown in the past, I than came
> across this while searching the web
> http://pureperl.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-debian-ifupdown-package-and.html
> my question is, is that still true? or there was updates to the package
> since than?
>
> also what would be a good alternative for service networking restart ?

Is what "still true"?
What this article claims http://pureperl.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-debian-ifupdown-package-and.html
That ifupdown is not reliable. Basicly I see  errors when bringing up my vlan interfaces

root@test1:~# ifdown eth1.10
Removed VLAN -:eth1.10:-
Cannot find device "eth1.10"

root@test1:~# ifup eth1.10
Set name-type for VLAN subsystem. Should be visible in /proc/net/vlan/config
ERROR: trying to add VLAN #10 to IF -:eth1:-  error: File exists

Would you please be specific about any problem you
are having at present.

I don't have any specific problem currently. I wanted to know in general, as I see some issues with it.
So my question is, can I rely on ifupdown to bring up/down  vlan and bonded interfaces?