Re: policykit + systemd

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 06:35:30PM -0700, Rusi Mody wrote:
> When upgrading (hoo-boy!) to systemd a few weeks ago I had to remove policykit packages.

Why?

> After that aptitude has been saying recommends (or is it suggests) some
> polkit stuff.
>
> Now dist-upgrade is bringing back these (and some others):
>
> libpolkit-agent-1-0{a} libpolkit-backend-1-0{a} libupower-glib3{a} policykit-1{a}
>
> Is that ok?

If in doubt, install apt-listbugs first. That will warn you if there are
any important bugs affecting the to-be-installed versions. Read the bug
reports and see if they apply in your situation and then either install
the packages or use apt-listbugs to apply a pin which will skip the
installation of the buggy package (when a fixed package arrives, you'll
get the opportunity to upgrade as normal).