Re: apache2 what is the standard way to enable modules?

> googling to learn how to enable modules in apache2-2.4.10-1+b1
>
> I'm getting a little too much input to really see what to do.
>
> what is the name of cgi module?  That would be very useful for the
> `a2enmod' cmd.  And for something real simple like making sure it is
> installed.

The modules you have available are in /etc/apache2/mods-available/

To enable one, create a symbolic link from one the module and its
configuration in /etc/apache2/mods-enabled.  I've got cgi enabled on my
system with

babs:511$ pwd
/etc/apache2
babs:512$ ls -l mods-enabled/*cgi*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Sep 26  2013 mods-enabled/cgi.load -> ../mods-available/cgi.load
babs:513$

> I see several files in [...]/mods-available with the string `cgi' in
> them.  None of those show up in [...]/mods-enabled.

Right -- the way you enable them is to create the symbolic link.