Re: How to mount a LUKS partiotion with Nautilus with option discard?

Am Montag, 1. September 2014, 09:54:11 schrieb Joerg Desch:
> Am Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:18:09 +0200 schrieb Hans:
> > cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda4 home2
> > mount /dev/mapper/home2 /mnt
>
> Thanks. The manual way on the shell is working, but I has some hopes that
> the GUI would be working too! An mentioned in my other followup, LUKS
> encrypted USB sticks are handled as expected.
Hi Joerg!

As far as I remember (and someone may correct me, if I am wrong) if there is
an entry in fstab, the devices are not mounted by the GUI (I guess you mean
dolphin).

Fstab is used for mounting at boot. Try to comment out the entry in fstab, but
leave the entry in crypttab.

Hint: You can use normal entries like /dev/sda6 or whatever in these files. For
testing it ois not needed to use the UUID=...... entries.

If everything is working, you can easily do an

dpkg-reconfigure  linux-base

which will automatically correct the entries to the UUID-stuff.

Feel free to ask for more.

Best

Hans