Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On Tue, 8/26/14, Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide
 To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
 Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2014, 11:16 PM
 On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 21:18:23 -0400

Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:

To some material that at least one list member (me) found very useful
and informative.

You're not alone.

I followed all links given by the article, which convince me of one
thing: I don't want this on my machines, especially on servers
(and a recent unpleasant problem raised by systemd getting in
emergency mode just for a bad line into /etc/fstab (that never
caused any problem with sysV) has finished to convince me).

The 'kernel debug systemd bug' thread is also edifying enough…

I strongly hope Debian will still keep sysV available without any
systemd part involved; otherwise I'm afraid it'll abruptly end
15 years of fidelity.

Jean-Yves

As systemd continues to send its tentacles deeper into your system and applications, your computer will be pretty useless without it. Where the fleeing refugees go remains to be determined. Perhaps Debian will come to its senses so it won't come to that . . .