Re: Choose your side on the Linux divide

On 08/26/2014 05:36 PM, David Guntner wrote:

/snip/

The whole systemd debate on *debian-user list* is ridiculous anyway, IMO. Some people really like it, and some people really hate it, and it rages on and on and on - and ultimately won't make ONE bit of difference. This is a USER list - the bulk of the Debian developers (you know, the people who actually put the packages together and decide what going to be or not going to be part of the official distribution) aren't even ON this list, so they don't see the arguments being made one way or another, which means they won't have any impact on whether or not Debian goes that way.

/smip/

                     --Dave

I guess it never occurred to me that the devs at Debian, and I suppose it's true of the other distros also, never see the users' comments. Maybe that's why they are incorporating software that (I would guess from the emails) a rather large percentage of _users_ do _not_ want. It has been my belief for some time that the devs, having delivered a good solid operating system now have little to do, and they spend their time "improving" and "fixing" what ain't broke! And forgetting the old adage, "If you play with anything long enough you'll break it!"

Just my 2¢ -- doug