Re: I hate network-manager (was /etc/rc.local and systemd)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:00:52 -0400 (EDT)
Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:

 > network-manager!  Is there anything I can do to make
 > it leave eth0 totally in the control of ifupdown and to not
 > touch it at all

The settings in /etc/network/interfaces  are automatically used instead of
network-manager.  Or, in other words, any manually configured interfaces should
be listed in /etc/network/interfaces  ... It you open the 'interfaces' file you
will probably see the eth0 interface commented out and preceeded by a
Network-Manager line...

--Andrew