Re: I hate network-manager (was /etc/rc.local and systemd)

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:00:52 -0400 (EDT) Stephen Powell sent:

<snip>
> The default installation of Debian for a
> desktop system (XFCE in my case) installs both ifupdown and
> network-manager.  It allows ifupdown to manage only the local
> loopback interface (lo) and allows network-manager to manage
> everything else, including the wired ethernet interface (eth0).

<snip>

Firstly the default installation must be asking the installer to
produce a workable system with all the bells and whistles?

Installing a minimal system that boots and the bringing in packages
that you want or need as is your bent, after booting and workingwith
the system doesn't install network-manager. Not on my system anyway.
I just checked because your post suggested a problem?

Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Everywhere you look The mountains are covered With mist and
	blooming cherry trees. .....Ryokan (1758-1831)