Re: sysvinit->systemd transition details

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 14:24:59 -0700 (PDT)
Alexandre Ferrieux <alexandre.ferrieux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed,
> systemd allows to continue using sysvinit scripts, service per
> service. It just doesn't preserve the integrity at the system level.

On the whole, it does. The only real show-stopper I've seen mentioned
so far was the one which caught me, the existence of removable drives
in fstab, to guarantee their mount points. Those entries need to be
modified for systemd, which assumes that any local filesystems mentioned
in fstab are essential for booting, even if they do not use well-known
(/, /usr etc.) mountpoints.

I've had other niggles, not due to systemd directly but to other
software modified to take advantage of it, and some oddities in
journald. None of these were serious (so far...).

--
Joe