Re: upgrade stuck (and machine too)

niff:
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 07:47:43 +0200
> Jochen Spieker <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>
>> To me it looks like systemd is unable to start any service, maybe
>> because of the missing/unconfigured libpam-systemd. I would probably
>> try to dpgk --force-depends libpam-systemd or something like that. But
>> I am just guessing.
>
> Well, wrong guess for 2 reasons: 'dpgk' is not a known program ;) and
> more seriously, forcing even all in dpkg didn't work.

Did you only try to force dbus or libpam-systemd as well? I still think
the fact that you cannot start any services is related to systemd. I
just looked up whether you can start a service verbosely with systemctl
but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I don't know much about systemd either. It happened to work mostly fine
on my system. If I were you I would consider opening a bug report
against one of the packages that are involved. Don't worry about picking
the wrong package. The maintainers will reassign how they see fit.

J.
--
I have never been happier than I am now; a fact which depresses me
immensely.