Re: Anyone got Dragon Naturally Speaking working under Debian Wheezy? <resolved>

On 08/21/2014 09:34 PM, Martin Read wrote:
On 22/08/14 00:49, Ric Moore wrote:

That's why I go off on a rant once in awhile, that pavucontrol needs to
be a pulse depend, or users won't have the tool to setup and adjust
pulse with.

It's currently a Suggests; I suggest you file a bug report suggesting
that this should be bumped to Recommends. (I wouldn't go as far as
Depends, because IMO pulseaudio should not require X11.)

You're right ...that IS a conundrum! Huh. Funny though, on my text-mode-only Proxmox Debian based server I don't use sound either.

-OR- declare alsa or Jack for servers and pulse for Desktops? I hope to see some debate resolve the case.

But, as it stands, the lack of pre-installed pavucontrol, on the desktop, grieves many users who don't know to use it until they've beaten their brains out ...and this has been the case for years. We could spare a lot of newer people the grief. :) Ric