Re: systemd waisted 5 hours of my work time today

Johann Spies wrote:

> This morning my work laptop would not boot.  I could not even get to
> single
> user mode initially and when I got  as far as that I could not type
> anything on the terminal.  I suspect some upgrade yesterday caused it.

No one is doing upgrades during the week - do it on Friday evening - you
have then whole weekend to fix whatever needs to be fixed.
Secondly you never do an update/upgrade without a backup correct?
Especially when it comes to a production system.

Simple rules - if you stick to them - never waste time!

Using debian stable for more then 10years now - never had issues with it -
at least recently - update/upgrade works perfect - but still I prefer to do
it on Friday - just in case something make break

you and only you are responsible for what you are doing - read the GPL

regards