Re: iso and disk space problem

On 17/08/14 05:01 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
On 17/08/14 04:24 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:

I downloaded an ISO of another Linux distro to check it out - burned
is to a CD and booted from it. Runs fine, but a little slowly,
so I thought about grml-rescue which allows grub to boot an ISO from
the HD. Runs fine, but immediately ran into trouble updating the distro
when it ran out of disk space. Seems the limit is the size of the
original ISO. Is there any way of increasing this? It's about 700kb
right now which doesn't allow much room for anything.

Not familiar with grml-rescue but could you use the hd to mount some of
the directories off root, such as /var and /tmp?

Good question :) I'll have to investigate this possibility-I guess I could try to setup some symlinks. I DL isomaster to have a look at the iso itself but not knowing anything about iso's are setup none of it seemed to make sense to me. I may have to breakdown and resize my partitions to make some room to actually install it. I haven't as I am not at all sure I want to keep it. That's why I was looking for a cheap and dirty way of trying it out.

--
1984 was not meant as a blueprint for
democratic governments.