iso and disk space problem

I downloaded an ISO of another Linux distro to check it out - burned is to a CD and booted from it. Runs fine, but a little slowly, so I thought about grml-rescue which allows grub to boot an ISO from the HD. Runs fine, but immediately ran into trouble updating the distro when it ran out of disk space. Seems the limit is the size of the original ISO. Is there any way of increasing this? It's about 700kb right now which doesn't allow much room for anything.

--
1984 was not meant as a blueprint for
democratic governments.