Re: printing

On Sun 17 Aug 2014 at 15:26:46 +0200, dick kampman wrote:

> My old HP-LaserJet-6MP is printing apropriate under Ubuntu and Fedora.
> Under Debian, helas, I just get white pages. I tried to
> edit /etc/cups/ppd/HP-LaserJet-6MP but without result.
>
> What should I do?

We suppose you are using cups. What are the Debian and Ubuntu versions?
How is the printer connected to the computer?

Change LogLevel in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf with 'cupsctl --debug-logging'.
Print and examine /var/log/cups/error_log carefully. Compare error_log
on Debian and Ubuntu.

I wouldn't touch HP-LaserJet-6MP. It should be returned to its original
state.