Re: Re: Anybody know who user-65534 is?

I have been bothered by this too.

KUser shows this user as "nobody" whose home directory is "/nonexistent" and whose login shell is /usr/sbin/nologin.

The account on one machine is set as disabled but both my current machines (#3 failed to turn on today :-( ) suffer the shut down delay - most times but not always.

The interesting bit (I think) is that this user is a member of only the lp, lpadmin and nogroup groups.

So something to do with printing? I wonder if I can safely kick this user off the system.

davcefai

Sent from a computer.