Re: networking fails with temporary systemd (was auto starting of ppp has stopped working)

Am 14.08.2014 16:02, schrieb Rusi Mody:
> On Thursday, August 14, 2014 3:40:03 PM UTC+5:30, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Am 14.08.2014 um 05:32 schrieb Rusi Mody:
>>> Aug 14 08:13:15 debian64 pppd[594]: Couldn't open the /dev/ppp device: No such file or directory
>
>> Since you don't have the /dev/ppp device, I assume you are not using
>> udev 208-7?
>
>> Could you please post the version of udev (and systemd) you are using?
>

> Thanks Michael
>
> Just ran an aptitude update.
>
> After that:
>
> udev is at 208-6 which is the latest I see

If you are using sysvinit as PID 1, upgrade udev to 208-7 (currently
available from unstable)

> systemd is at 204-8 upgradable to 208-6

If you are using systemd as PID 1, you should avoid mixing udev 208 with
systemd 204 and always upgrade both [1].

I'd suggest you install systemd-sysv (which will uninstall
sysvinit-core) which will switch your default init to systemd.

You will still have a fallback /lib/sysvini/init as long as the sysvinit
package is installed and which you can use to boot the system in case
the boot fails with systemd.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=757777#35

universe are pointed away from Earth?