Re: Using a second monitor

Robert D. Hilliard wrote:
Reply To:  bobhilliard@gmail.com

I use a second, larger monitor (my eyes are vary bad).

My very old, failing Dell Inspiron would connect to the second monitor
by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F8, and would remember that setting across
reboots.  It appeared to be a function of the hardware, mot the
software..

I have a new Dell Ispiron that dual boots Windows 7 and Debian 7.4.
The new machine uses the F1 key to connect to the second monitor, but
it only works in Windows - In Debian pressing F! is a noop.

Dell support  say they can not support problems the are not in the
machine or software shipped with the machine.

Any assistance in getting Debian to display on the second monitor will
be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bob Hilliard

I remember when Dell customer support was second to none. 'Dem were the days ;/
Check out links at

https://www.google.com/search?q=debian+Inspiron+"second+monitor"+-ubuntu+site:dell.com

HTH