Re: Setup a Nvidia multiseat

Floris wrote:
Op Sun, 10 Aug 2014 23:29:50 +0200 schreef Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>:

I forgot to ask: is systemd also necessary?

Hugo

you need loginctl, so the answer is yes, you need systemd
 success,

Right. I found your bug 711351.

Hugo

That bug is already solved. systemd version 44-11 doesn't had multiseat support. Luckily Debian testing/ sid has version 208. Also you need xserver 1.16. This version added the "MatchSeat" option to the xorg.d config file.
 success,

I noticed you use gdm3. How would you do it with startx?

Hugo

If you don't run gdm3 and gnome 3, I would advise you to stick with the "old-fashion-way". Because today only Gnome 3/ gdm3 works nicely with systemd. Maybe KDE/ kdm does, but I'm not sure. In the past I used this site https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xorg_multiseat to set up a multiseat manualy.

success,

'startx -- -seat seat0' works just great.

Hugo