Re: Towards an instructive minimalist intall of Openbox

On Du, 10 aug 14, 17:30:20, Patrick Bartek wrote:

> I'm posting to the list instead of privately sending it to you, so
> others can comment or correct errors.

You asked for it :p

> III. INSTALL X
>
> 	A. Quick & Dirty, but bloated:  'apt-get install xorg'
> 	B. Lean & Mean:  'apt-get install xserver-xorg-core xinit'

Are you sure about this? As far as I can tell this will not install any
of the xserver-xorg-video- or xserver-xorg-input- packages. One would
need at a minimum xserver-xorg-input-evdev and the -video- package
corresponding to the video adapter (or one of -vesa or -fbdev, but these
give poor performance).

Kind regards,
Andrei