Re: Irony

Joe wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2014 20:19:00 -0700
koanhead <akane@freegeekseattle.org> wrote:

For the record, in case anyone is interested, I'm writing this from a
Jessie box without systemd. It's easy to make this happen, and it
works just fine as long as you don't use GNOME or MATE, possibly KDE,
or those functions of other DEs that require a systemd component.

All I did was use aptitude interactively to remove systemd-* and then
review and adjust the solutions as necessary. Nothing broke or caught
fire.

To the best of my knowledge, it is still necessary for a human to
decide to boot with systemd. One of my sid systems, fully updated in the
last week, is still on init. There are three that I know are running
systemd, I explicitly added the switch to the kernel boot parameters to
make this happen. I do not believe it happens automatically yet.

So how does this work now that udev is merged with systemd?

Miles Fidelman