New 64-bit Install: Wine

I have no 64-bit .exe's. The few apps I need to run are all fairly old. Seems
to be no way to run them.

Wine64 complains about the .exe format. Placing win32:i386 on top of all this
complains that the .wine is for a 64bit installation to wine32 will not work.
Even if there is no such folder (I purged everything for latest try).

There is apparently no win32:amd64 so the wine32:i386 and a load of :i386 libs
will get installed. Multiarch is great but does not solve this particular
problem.