Re: TCP fast open & IPv6

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 11:10:00PM +0300, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> On 08/09/2014 03:00 PM, Quentin Bourgeois wrote:
> >

> > On 08/09/2014 11:36 AM, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi everybody,
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> >> I wonder if it is possible to enable/disable TCP fast open for IPv6
> >> in Jessie (kernel 3.14) and how it can be done (if it's possible).
> >>
> >> In Jessie there is not /proc/sys/net/ipv6/tcp_fastopen
> >>
> > I think that TCP fast open was added for kernel 3.16[1] for IPv6.
> >
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>
> >> Georgi
> >>

> > [1]: http://lwn.net/Articles/602212/
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> I thought that IPv4 and IPv6 use the same implementation for TCP fast
> open and I just wondered why /proc/sys/net/ipv6/tcp_fastopen doesn't
> exist on my Jessie system.

Might not be enabled in the Kernel.

Any clues with:
less /boot/config-3.16* | grep TCP | grep FAST
less /boot/config-3.16* | grep TCP | grep OPEN
or even
less /boot/config-3.16* | grep TCP

etc ...
HANG ON!! ...

An 'apt-cache search linux-image | less' doesn't even produce any
results for *ANY* linux-image-3.16* packages!!!

P.S. Does beg the question, that since the 3.16 kernel is going to be
the default in Jessie and Jessie freezes in November, then is that
really enough time to notice/fix/repair any bugs?

In saying that, I don't know how long 3.16 has been out and no linux
distribution is an Island in that respect. But still ... 2 years to
supposedly get a rock solid stable distribution and the default kernel
hasn't entered Jessie YET!

oppressing." --- Malcolm X