Re: Quiet Bootups

David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
> On Sunday 10 August 2014 13:13:13 Sven Hartge wrote:
>> David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

>>> With Grub, I did not see that endless stream of text pouring on the
>>> screen to rapidly to read.

>> Remove "quit" from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub,
>> run update-grub.

> Thanks, but I want to go the "other way," from lilo.

I am confused.

I thought you first went from LILO to GRUB and noticed the missing "wall
of text" and then went back to LILO to get it back?

To also get all kernel messages during boot with GRUB, you need to
remove "quiet" from GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.