Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On Thursday 07 August 2014 08:31:08 AW wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 23:43:09 +0300
>
> David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
>  > Seems I got it with
>  > the new 64bit installation, wheezy upgraded to Sid.
>
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 15:03:50 +0300
>
> David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
>  > Offered for upgrade today are a bunch of old-style?? init components,
>  > initscripts, sysv-rc, etc
>
> Are these the Sid installation upgrades?  I generally run 'testing' on most
> of personal machines.  I've had no issues with converting from sysvinit to
> systemd.  Also, I've had no problems using both 'old' style init and 'new'
> style systemctl commands interchangeably to interact with services.
>
> --Andrew

These are all from unstable-sid.

I have also used both style commands. Used to /etc/init.d/....

But is not sysvinit conflicting with systemd. I did not install that other
package that allows that on this system. Systemd is what is being used--no
"make style" init message appears.

Then there is that "init" which was not installed and that sysv-rc-conf which
I had previously but was not included now (I had actually used it), and init-
system-helpers ... so can I interchangeably use all of this stuff and it can
all lovingly coexist (I have NO upstart stuff around and likely do not want yet
another)??