Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 23:43:09 +0300
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> An amazing amount of discussion here.
>
> Need to make a decision: Upgrade the systemd and udev version to
> 208-6 or sit on the 204-14. This is working fine it seems, and bugs
> against the 208 are piling up. Nothing however that blares: your
> system is now unbootable, but that is what I fear.
>
> Somehow, on the old system (I had on the previous 32-bit Sid), I
> never had such fears when upgrading such packages. BTW, before
> scrapping that installation due to a bad HD, I installed the ||
> dependency to keep the old init because I did not know anything about
> the changeover. Seems I got it with the new 64bit installation,
> wheezy upgraded to Sid.

What I always do when I'm worried about a new version, which I always
am, is to install it on an experimental machine first. Put it on a
dumpster king you've had since 2006, and see what it does.

Because really, everything bad I said about systemd was a philosophical
thing: I have no idea how well it does or doesn't run your computer
under normal circumstances.

SteveT