Re: Debian php5 (Can't get download when doing apt-update)

Sorry, I meant this to go to the list...

On 8/5/2014 4:56 PM, Matthew Brown wrote:
> Using default.  We wrote a simple php coding and it shows the code.
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 4:53 PM, AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com
> <mailto:debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 16:48:46 -0400
>     AW <debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com
>     <mailto:debian.list.tracker@1024bits.com>> wrote:
>
>      > and what's in the /var/www directory?
>      > ln -l /var/www
>
>     oops!
>     That should be 'ls' not 'ln' ... I guess not enough coffee today -- and
>     my 3 year old child ripped a few keys off my keyboard too...
>
>     --Andrew
>

> --
> Thank you in advance.
>

> _*Matthew Brown | Senior Systems Engineer*_
> Kaplan Inc. | 395 Hudson Street, New York, NY 10016
> tel + 917-344-2598 | mobile + 914-406-0294
>
> web Enterprise Client Services Website
> <https://sites.google.com/a/kaplan.edu/techservice/home/>
>

> **

If you see the code, then your Apache isn't set up properly to parse PHP
code.  Installing libapache2-mod-php5 should fix that for you. You don't
need both libapache2-mod-php5 and php5-cgi; for now don't even fool with
php5-cgi.  And php-auth-http is completely unrelated to your problem.

Installing just libapcahce2-mod-php5 should set up the Apache
configuration for you.  If after installing this, you get a 500 error,
you need to look at /var/lib/apache/error.log (or whatever your Apache
error log is called) to see what's happening.

Since you're just starting out with this, you might want to just purge
(not remove!) your Apache2 and PHP installations and reinstall them.

Jerry