Re: End of hypocrisy ?

On 08/05/2014 07:08 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Tuesday 05 August 2014 07:56:03 Raffaele Morelli wrote:
Hundreds of linux developers can't be wrong,
It doesn't matter whether they are right or wrong.  They are doing it.  The
rest of us can either say "thank you" and be grateful for the work they do,
or go do our own thing.  This is Open Source after all.

Lisi

"The rest of us" even if most of the rest of us are system administrators,
are not programmers, particularly at the level of creating a good part of
an operating system, and of those who are and could, probably do not have
the time to do so.

It has been my opinion for some time that those devs who actually are
producing OSs and other Linux programs are making modifications--
sometimes large ones, like systemd--simply because they can, and are bored
with other things, or are on someone's payroll, and must continue to roll out product of some kind if they want to stay on that payroll. Or perhaps, like a
certain two persons whose names are known by now, they are stroking
their own egos.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"  --Ann Landers.

--doug

PS: I am not one of those sys admins, nor a programmer. I'd just like to
keep the things that work and stop f***ing with them!