Re: since demise of encfs what to use for encrypting dir

Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> writes:

> On Sat, 02 Aug 2014 18:10:10 -0600
> Joe Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@cs.nmsu.edu> wrote:
>
>  Do you have more information on encfs being declared a security
>> hazard? Your post is the first I've heard of it.
>
> http://defuse.ca/audits/encfs.htm
> (You'll note that dangerous attack vectors are quite low).

Ah, OK -- I'd seen that (I'm on the encfs list), but there's a ways from
what that audit turned up to saying it's a security hazard and making
reference to its demise.  I'm still not sure why it isn't in testing at
the moment, but as long as it's in both stable and unstable I'm not
going to worry too much.