Re: /dev/random5

On 08/03/2014 11:53 PM, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
On 4/08/2014 5:43 AM, David Christensen wrote:
If I know that I will be
setting up a GPT partition table with one primary partition for LUKS
that uses all available LBA's aligned to 1 MB boundaries, zeroing
(/dev/urandom?) the first and last megabyte of disk blocks,
partitioning, setting up LUKS in partition one, and zeroing the LUKS
/dev/mapper/* device (step 6) should get all disk blocks, right?
Yes, that is right according to my understanding.

Okay.

Which parameters?  What values instead?
Here is an example of what I do when setting up LUKS volumes.

         # cryptsetup -c aes-xts-plain64 -s 512 -h sha512 -i 6000 \
               -y --use-random luksFormat /dev/md3

Thanks -- I'll have to research it.

David