Re: aptitude / apt-get status output

On 08/03/2014 12:44 PM, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2014-08-03 18:04 +0200, John Bleichert wrote:
<snip>
root@boogie:~# aptitude upgrade
<...>
Current status: 9 updates [-24].

24 packages have been upgraded, presumably the same 24 that became
upgradable by "aptitude update", and 9 packages have been held back.

Thanks, Sven. The "held back" number is the most curious. Seems to be an apt-pinning artifact since this is a jessie box and I get some software (VirtualBox) from the wheezy repos. Now I have something to read up on!

John

John Bleichert    -    syborg@earthlink.net
The heat from below can burn your eyes out!