Re: Threading using digest and kmail (was Re: Exim4 not routing local mail ... )

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014 16:41:17 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:

 >Quite an achievement, given that
 >99.9999% of MUAs quote correctly "out of the box".

I'm fairly old to Debian.  I run a few email servers.  I know the ins
and outs of lots of things.  And yet, I've rarely posted to mailing
lists.  So, I don't know what I'm doing with regards to top/bottom
postings, quoting, etc...  There are many good reasons why a particular
person's mail client is configured to be incompatible with the
"correct" list methodology.  Mine is probably horrible configured -- or
was.  I'm working on getting it "right."  However, this requires a few
test sends, and it also means that regular email to other people needs
to be configured differently.  I know a tremendously large number of
people who truly are angered when they receive a 72 character limited,
bottom posted, indented with > replies...  So, many people don't bother
reconfiguring their mail client just to be "correct"

--Andrew