Re: mutt can't send mail (Interrupted system call)

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 06:09:12PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Brian wrote:
> > Tony Baldwin wrote:
> > > I have copied the muttrc for this account to
> > > http://tonyb.myownsite.me/pages/muttrc.txt (password removed, of course).
> > > Same muttrc on both the server and desktop.
> > > mutt works perfectly with both accounts from the server, not from the
> > > desktop.
>
> Same version of mutt on both machines?  Or different versions of mutt?
> If different which version is in which place?
>
> > > For this reason, I don't think the rc file is significant, since it
> > > works on one machine fine, but what the heck...worth a shot.
>
> I haven't heard that this was solved for you yet.  Has it been?  I
> have been away from the computer for a week.
>
> > At the very least it allows us to see that the line
> >
> >   set smtp_url = "smtp://tonyb@myownsite.me:PASSWORDHERE@mail.myownsite.me:25"
> >
> > looks sensible and correct.
>
> Hmm...  The doc on smtp_url says:
>
>   3.265. smtp_url
>
>   Type: string
>   Default: (empty)
>
>   Defines the SMTP smarthost where sent messages should relayed for delivery.
>   This should take the form of an SMTP URL, e.g.:
>
>   smtp[s]://[user[:pass]@]host[:port]
>
>   where "[...]" denotes an optional part. Setting this variable overrides the
>   value of the $sendmail variable.
>
> But the above has two '@' parts in it.  If you tell me that the
> username is "tonyb@myownsite.me" then I will ask "how is the parser
> supposed to know this and not split it at the first '@' sign?  Maybe
> that is the problem.  Note that I haven't ever used smtp_url before.

Can't be the problem, because the exact same .muttrc is working on my
remote server (which I'm using now to send this message).

> > You have an account with gmx.com; a mail sent to that account with the
> > line above unaltered might be expected to be recorded in postfix's logs.
> > Is it?
I' ll have to look at the remainder of your suggestions later.
Pressed for time at the moment.

Thanks for your input.

Tony

--