Re: /var partition seems locked or read only

berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
> I have identified with lot of "find </var/DIRECTORY> -name '*'" that the
> problem comes from the cache, and especially from apt-cacher-ng, but I think

I also use apt-cacher-ng but of late there is a problem that prevents
it from running its daily housecleaning routines.  That causes a
cascade problem that the partition is never cleaned.  Eventually it
fills up.

  https://bugs.debian.org/737069

Due to this I basically run it until the file system fills up and then
purge all of the cache and restart.

Bob